Being a wedding planner is one of the most rewarding choices for a lot of reasons. You get a chance to show your management skills and creativity, and in return, are paid enough at once. But with all its charms, it sure is not for everyone. You need to have certain type of skill set and personality to work with people. So before making a career decision of becoming the best wedding planner in Dubai, ask yourself a few questions. We have written some of the top questions for you to ask yourself.
- Do you have enough resources? By resources we mean do you have a car, good mobile and laptop. You have to move for client meetings, wedding events and venues etc. Having a car also makes a good impact on rich clients. Having a good mobile or laptop is a necessity in today’s era of e-commerce. You can stay in touch with them anytime and anywhere. Also you can display your work to people easily.
- Do you have stamina? There is no easy way of doing this job. It is a tiring physical work, especially on the event days, working hours can reach to 12 to 15 hours and at times, you will be doing the heavy uplifting.
- Are your social skills well developed? There are going to be a lot of people you need to talk to. Though this skill develops with time, but you need to meet with your potential client with enthusiasm, speak with confidence and have a professional dealing.
- Are you well aware of technology and social media? This is a very important question. Do you realize by not taking these things into work, how many potential clients you are missing out? You need to know how this works because online marketing and promoting your stuff on social media introduces you to vast viewers.
- Are you a good negotiator? Just like having a good social skill, negotiation skill is one of the key skills to become a successful wedding planner. To become a successful event organizer, you need to be able to make deals with client, wedding suppliers and even to the relatives of wedding couple.
- Are you organized and punctual? Being organized and punctual is the universal standard to become successful in any field. You have to keep everything at its right place and try to do the task at least 15 minutes before due time.
Look at here for more information in this regard.